1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Oh very much...military logistic commanders would take notes from me.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes...and above the age of consent too Nosy Parker.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Sigh...laugh if you must...but SRK dialogue from OSO (Itni shidaat se main tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai,hi har zaare ne mujhe tumse milane ki saazish ki hai) echoed in the background as I read the words on the digital display .
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
As I said above the age of consent....and Rajo Devi can rest easy, Im not taking away her laurels any time soon.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Through the test.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
The cat...she was the only one up at 3am.
8. DUE DATE?
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
No...you have to remember where Im coming from...we wont waste good food and money by throwing it up.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Margaritas...but no one was buying it...sigh. And Dev Patel and Farhan Akhtar...nada on that front too.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
"What To Expect When You are Expecting", all the "documentaries" my mom claimed to have just watched on tele every time she wanted me to do something...and when someone would say "Are You sure You are Pregnant".
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
i did initially ..well quite a lot (read earlier posts) but since the bub has arrived Ive stopped "reading" him as a boy...and he is adorable just the way he is ( yes baby you are).
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
8 kgs or so.
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
well I was supposed to have a 'surprise' shower but the baby , actually my liver pushed the arrival date to one earlier.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
Surprise...but good friend G and Sups and A arrived the night before and treated me to some good food and company to compensate.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
None initially...but in the last week developed a nasty case of cholestasis.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
A minute or less.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
the husband and a whole lot of people I had to pay to.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C Section and I LOVED it.
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Nyaah, and refused later...the nursing staff would freak out, finally took some Panadol to pacify them.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
At 1145 am.
26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
That I would love it anyway...
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
That I would never impose any "expectations" on him..that would be my gift to him..my first words to him were 'may you always be happy'..dont know if it is wind but he has been laughing ever since.
28. DID YOU CRY?
No which is surprising as I cry at the drop of the heart...I was really in awe and surprised how smooth everything was..and cursing myself to be discussing my research project with the assistant to the anaesthetist as they took him out.
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Gul Sher (which has become his daak naam)...Arhaan for the rest of the world.
30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY.
A month, five days.
I tag Jammie, MayG, Kiran, Pip's mum and anyone else who is interested in taking it up.