Tuesday, May 19, 2009
It is Easier the Second Time Around
As promised a top ten list of why I believe 'raising' Pesho "stands us in good stead" when it comes to bringing up the bub:
1) Your laptop has already suffered enough abuse, the screen has smudges of cat drool, you know the short cut keys to rotate the screen view (yes Pesho prefers viewing her applications at 130 degrees for some reason) and the Caps Lock key has not been working in a while.
If you are not giving me the laptop I am keeping the USB flash drive
2)You have been trained to take short showers unless you want a mad cat bringing down the shower screen.
3) You have gone through the "checkout aisle bargain" (when you convince yourself that you are buying a special treat Just This Time for the little darling)
4)You are familiar with the maxim "what goes in will come out and you will be scooping it up"
5)You can decipher facial expressions, know what each twitch means, conduct a full conversation even if the other party is not contributing much, and know when exactly to give a cuddle, HOWEVER
6) you will still be standing in your pyjamas staring bleary eyed at them at 3am begging them to tell you JUST WHAT DO THEY WANT (confession: its simpler with the cat she has to decide between Should I Go Out ? Stay In ? or Leave my Options Open?)
7)Someone has already suffered the ignominy of nicks like Ladoo, Gulab Jaman, Princess, Baby, My Sweet Heart, Precious, Mama's Jaan, Doll Face, Monkey
8)You have already witnessed how fickle grandparents can be in appointing new favourites...from Oh Doesnt Pesho Have a Pet Passport So She can Visit Me to Dont you think she needs to be put on a diet for our new baby looks scrawny compared to her to There Should be a Boarding School to Send Her.
9) The days of packing a bag and a spur of the moment weekend getaway is a thing of the past (unless you have a reliable cat sitter on speed dial)
10) You have already allowed your heart to "go walking around outside your body" ...SORRYYY Elizabeth Stone!!!!