Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai

Yes bahut bahut kehna hai but it has to wait as I am having the worst case of writer's block ever. Which as the Kellog's All Bran ad campaign tells us is an occupational hazard for us post-30 types. You know in addition to not smelling right,
 ending up with blue dots on our sanitary napkins, 
hair fall  at the rate of felling in  Amazon forests,  
condescending friend palming you off with wrinkle creams and unsolicited advice, 
being ignored by BlackBerry husband for you did not moisturize and clean behind your ears when you turned 25,  
 Bipasha Basu hitting us with a juice box every time we sit down for a sandwich, 
 realizing that the only way to ward off lecherous guys ogling down our necklines in the train is to get up and flash our extremely white underarms, 
WE ARE ALSO EXTREMELY BLOCKED UP! 
And that is the reason we are crabby all the time, no, no it is not because of the triple burden that is the bane of our life, it all comes down to andar ki baat .


So if I was not so blocked up (figuratively, bitte!)  I could have written about our weekend trip to Paharpur or as is it's good name  Somapura Mahavihara, where I tried out my new Canon D60 which is quite the super trouper.  And how The Toddler begged us every night while we were at Bogra to  Go Home  I Dont Like This Its No Funny while I cheerfully told him This is Our Home and We Are Staying Here Forever and Ever (Women turn sadistic after 30, Kellogs did warn you!). The Toddler woke up his father to tell him Baba Your Beard Is Turning Green while I woke the man up to mumble Ah, He is Only Acting Up as There Were Two Murders In This Room and my mother told anyone who cared to listen that people should not be given breakfast coupons until they have seen the museum, so all in all we were such a delightful group of travelers.  


And if I was not writer-blocked I could have told you about the time Arhaan stomped off  in Bogra very angry, to encounter a toad, and screamed  "I KNOW YOU"  all very excited , and how we then proceeded to pluck some grass blades and tickle the toad silly.


Or that The Toddler ushered my mother into her room "Welcome, welcome" topping it up with an elaborate flourish "Enjooyyyy". I hear he has a bundle of other interesting things to say too  like "Baba, Children not like milk", but considering most of our conversation has been limited to "do you want to poop?" "Pishi?" "Arhaan , chalo, its time" I would not know. In his mind his mother is interested in all things poop, so he has been very helpful in sharing with me  nuggets like"Mama you know bear do poo poo in leaves IN JUNGLE"


I guess after this  asking you to bear with me until my writer's block is over will be just more toilet humour, hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. I like writer-blocked Aneela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all blocked up is still vintage Aneela:)
    Keep at it!
    The Toddler grows even more delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep going back to re-read the first para and giggle some more.

    ReplyDelete

Your call is important to us. Please remain on the line while a customer care rep gets back to you.