Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hume tumse pyar kitna ye hum nahi jante

Tis the season for love


though 


as I was telling someone the other day 


bahir me birds sing about


Birds Do It Bees Do It






Hamare haan birds do Hamd o Sana
Yes sometimes Oh God! 
is just that 
Ya Khuda
Shariah certified birds. Taking the name of the Lord (but not in vain) every morning 5 to 7. And at nights 630pm.


So yes it is the season of love for us mommies


Aaf is Lost in Translation

HYF nearly got eaten up by a tiger. Or was that a lion?

My little boy has been very clever 
dodging the Who Do You Love More? Mama or Baba?
queries replying either in a diplomatic
I LOVE MAMA AND BABA 
or in  a "get off my back"
I LOVE TOO MANY PEOPLE
(also a standard answer to Who Do You Love? Lala or Sachin?)


But the other day  


the squeaky wheel (me)
finally shut up


For 


to a 


" See Mama loves you because you are funny. And well mannered. And ate your prunes. And such a nice T shirt, what a cute smile. So why do you love Mama?"


he replied with a


 I LOVE YOU ALL THE TIME




Go to Jail
Go Directly to Jail
Do Not Pass Go
Do Not Collect 200

3 comments:

  1. He is a darling, and he also knows all the right answers! You just can't win:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Tugs at the heart doesn't it? Little boys and their mommies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids...they know how to kill you JUST SO.

    We're playing the Who do You Love More game in this house too. What is it with us and our need to make everything a competition? Still...dammit, I better win. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your call is important to us. Please remain on the line while a customer care rep gets back to you.